Dr. Abhijeet V. Puri
|Qualification||B. Pharm., M. Pharm., Pursuing Ph.D.|
|Designation||Assistant Professor in Pharmacy|
|Academic Experience||10+ Years
· SND College of Pharmacy, Yeola (2007-2008)
· Arvind Gavali College of Pharmacy, Satara (2010-2011)
· St. John Institute of Pharmacy and Research, Palghar (2011 onwards)
|Areas of Interest||· Herbal Formulation
· Isolation of Phytoconstituents
· Phyto nanoparticles (PNPs)
|Subjects Taught||· Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry
· Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
· Study of Natural Products
|Presentations||International : – 5
National : – 1
|1. Abhijeet V Puri, Prakash Khandagale
“Isolation and evaluation of banana starch as a disintegrant in dispersible Lornoxicam tablet” International Conference On Herbal Medicines: Research and Commerce – Global Perspectives held at LM College of Pharmacy, Ahmedabad, Gujarat. 27th to 29th December 2018.2. Abhijeet V Puri, Pradeep B Bawane, Savita J. Tauro
“Formulation and Evaluation of Diclofenac Sodium Tablet using Isolated starch from Unripe Carica Papaya Fruits as Disintegrant.”
Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) Sponsored Two Days National Symposium Role of Herbal Formulations in Improvement of Women’s Health held at Oriental College of Pharmacy, Sanpada, Navi-Mumbai 2013.
3. Abhijeet V Puri, Sandesh Palande
4. Abhijeet V Puri, Kusum Akki K P Manjunath, R V. Savadi
5. Abhijeet V Puri, Kusum Akki, K P Manjunath, R V. Savadi
6. Abhijeet V Puri, Kusum Akki, K P Manjunath
|Publications||International – 10
National – 4
|1. Abhijeet V. Puri. Artabotrys Hexapetalus (L.F.) Bhandari.: A plant with enormous biomedical potential. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2020;12(6):8-14.
2. Abhijeet V. Puri, Khandagale PD, Tiwari AU, Chaudhary RH, Kartan SB, Synthesis and physicochemical characterization of banana starch tartrate and its application as disintegrant in telmisartan tablets. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics, 2020;10(3):65-72.
3. Abhijeet V. Puri. Isolation and characterization of triterpenes from Diospyros montana (Roxb.) leaves. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 2020;9(3):113-118.
4. Prakash Khandagale, Abhijeet Puri. Evaluation of antiasthmatic activity of Caesalpinia bonducella [L.] Roxb. seed. Journal of drug delivery and therapeutics, 2019;9(2-s):144-149.
5. Abhijeet V. Puri. Quantitative phytochemical screening, thin-layer chromatography analysis, high-performance thin-layer chromatography fingerprinting, and antioxidant activity of leaves of Diospyros Montana (Roxb.). Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, 2019;12(2):325-331.
6. Abhijeet V. Puri. Microscopical evaluation, phytochemical screening and HPTLC fingerprinting of leaves of Diospyros montana (Roxb.). International Journal of Green Pharmacy, 2018;12(3):1-7.
7. Abhijeet V. Puri. Duranta repens linn. (Verbenaceae): A comprehensive review of pharmacognostic, ethnomedicinal, pharmacological and phytochemical aspects. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, 2018;11(11):91-96.
8. Ansari Yunus, Puri Abhijeet V. Development and Method Validation of RP-H PLC method for simultaneous estimation and forced degradation of Cefoperazone and Tazobactam in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form chromatography. Indo- American Journal of pharmaceutical research, 2018; 8(5):1286-95.
9. Abhijeet V. Puri, Prakash D. Khandagale, Yunus N. Ansari, A review on ethnomedicinal, pharmacological and phytochemical aspects of Sonchus oleraceus Linn. (Asteraceae). International Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, 2018; 8(3):1-9.
10. Prakash D. Khandagale, Puri Abhijeet V, Yunus N. Ansari, Ravindra Patil. Pharmacognostic, Physicochemical investigation of Caeselpinia Bonducella (L.)Roxb. International Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, 2018;8(3):461-468.
11. Abhijeet V. Puri. Amol D. Gholap. Comparative evaluation of papaya and banana starch as disintegrant in diclofenac sodium tablet formulation. International Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences. 2018;8(3):512-522.
12. Abhijeet V. Puri. Ansari YunusN, Puri A. Priti. Pharmacognostic, physicochemical and phytochemical investigation of leaves of Duranta repens Linn, Research Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, 2017;9(3)141-146.
13. Abhijeet V. Puri, Vrushali K. Puranik. Milind D. Kamble, Savita J. Tauro. Formulation and evaluation of diclofenac sodium tablet using isolated starch from unripe papaya fruits as disintegrant. Indo American Journal of Pharm Research, 2013;3(11):9183-89.
14. Puri AV, Akki KS, Savadi RV, Manjunath KP. Preliminary phytochemical investigation and free radical scavenging activity of Diospyros montana Roxburg. leaves. Indian Drugs 2010;47(12):48-52.
|Research Grants||1. University of Mumbai, A. Y. 2013-14, for “Isolation and Evaluation of Starch from unripe Banana fruits and its use in formulation of dispersible Lornoxicam tablet.”
2. University of Mumbai, A. Y. 2016-17, for “Synthesis, characterization and application of cationic modified Banana Starch as flocculating agent.”
3. University of Mumbai, A. Y. 2019-20, for “Herbal Extract – Mediated Green Synthesis of Selenium Nanoparticles and its Biological Applications”
|Professional Memberships||· Regd. Pharmacist, No. 94775 with Maharashtra State Pharmacy Council
· Indian Pharmaceutical Association (Life Member)
· Indian Society for Technical Education (Life Member) (LM) 111663
|Professional Associations||· Reviewer Publons (Web of Science) Journal Annual Research & Review in Biology (https://publons.com/researcher/3650368/abhijeet-puri/)
· Bentham Brand Ambassador for year 2020-2021.
|Achievements||Secured IInd Position for Best Poster presentation at “International seminar on Herbal drug research: Present and Future prospect” held at JSS College of pharmacy Ooty 2009
Paper entitled: “Preliminary Phytochemical Investigation and Free radical scavenging activity of Diospyros montana Roxburg. leaves.”