INTRODUCTION TO SJIPR
St. John Institute of Pharmacy and Research (SJIPR) is a Pharmacy College located in Palghar. SJIPR was inaugurated and blessed by Rt. Rev. Bishop Thomas Dabre – Bishop of Vasai Diocese on August 20, 2008. The College has commenced classes from August 22, 2008.
The Institute is situated within a lush green campus in a serene and quiet ambiance at the St. John Technical Education Complex, located at Vevoor, Palghar (E) which comes under the newly formed Palghar District in Maharashtra. Palghar is a part of Mumbai Suburban Rail Network which extends up to Dahanu and lies on the Mumbai-Ahmedabad rail route 30 Kms North of Virar.
The educational facilities provided in the rural area will offer professional and technical education to less fortunate students also, enabling them to take up brilliant careers.
The Institute is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), Government of India, recognized by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Government of Maharashtra and affiliated to the University of Mumbai and MSBTE.
St. John Institute of Pharmacy and Research (SJIPR) offers the following:
- Diploma in Pharmacy, a two year full-time course affiliated to Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE) with an intake capacity of 60 students.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm.) Degree of the University of Mumbai, a four year full-time degree course spread over eight semesters, with an intake capacity of 100 students.
- Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm.) Post-Graduate Degree, in Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance (Intake – 15), Pharmaceutical Chemistry (Intake – 15), Pharmacology (Intake – 15) and Pharmaceutics (Intake – 09) of the University of Mumbai which are two year full-time postgraduate courses.
Medium of instruction is English.
- Well-equipped world class laboratories, well-ventilated classrooms, high-speed internet facility
- Modern machinery and equipment in all laboratories
- Well-stocked library and adequate national and international journals and periodicals
- Hygienic Canteen and Medical Facilities within the Campus
- Photocopying and Communication Center
- Indoor and Outdoor games
- Bus Service to and from Palghar Railway Station